Time goes so fast!
I can’t believe we are already through January! I didn’t met many of my monthly goals this month, shame on me! I need to step up my game, y’all!
I am VERY excited to announce that Life With Mom Blog is expanding to YouTube! Subscribe to my channel to watch me behind the scenes! I share all of my budgeting, meal planning, and many other tips and tricks!
Related: You can read my post “What I Learned My First Month of Blogging” here! It’s packed full of tips and tricks for beginners. I also share my experiences and some of the things I learned along the way!
*This post contains some affiliate links. Please know that I may receive a percentage or commission from a link included on this page, at no cost to you. I will only recommend a product or service that I have used or believe has substantial value to my readers.*
If you missed last month’s posts, here’s a recap!
- How To Budget When You’re Broke
- How To Set Up A Monthly Budget – With Real Life Examples!
- Sinking Funds 101: The What, The How, & Why YOU Should Have One!
- January Budget: Week 1 Check In
- January Budget: Week 2 Check In
- January Budget: Week 3 Check In
- January Budget: Week 4 Check In
- December Recap & January Goals!
- What I learned My First Month Blogging
- My Daily Routine As A Full Time Blogger
These are throwbacks, but still relevant!
Related on YouTube:
- February Budget Set Up
- February Sinking Funds Set Up
- February Budget | Weekly Check In Set Up
- February Meal Plan & Budget Set Up
- February To Do List | YouTube Spoilers
So how did I do with January’s goals?
First, here’s how I did with my personal goals :
Start school strong and work hard.
So far so good! I have gotten a few grades back and I’ve gotten A’s on everything! I’d say I’m off to a good start!
work harder on my blog.
Work harder on my blog
I think I’ve worked harder on my blog this month. I haven’t been pumping out content like before the holidays, but I think that’s just because I’m getting ready to start my YouTube Channel. So I think once I get settled and I get into the feel of things, I will get my groove back.
And here’s how I did with my blogging goals :
Publish 15 new blog posts.
I didn’t achieve this goal this month. I only published 10 posts, but that’s better than last month (9 posts) so as long as I’m not going downhill, I’m okay with it.
Reach 2,250 followers on Instagram.
I didn’t quite reach this goal, just because I didn’t focus much on Instagram this month. But I’ll get back into the swing of things. I currently have 1,818.
Reach 1,000 followers on Twitter.
I didn’t achieve this goal. I currently have 876 followers on Twitter.
Reach 750 followers on Pinterest.
I knew 750 followers on Pinterest was a steep goal, so I wasn’t expecting to achieve it. I didn’t quite reach 750 followers, but I did increase my followers dramatically on Pinterest. I went from 494 to 687. I consider that a win.
Reach 45 followers on Google+.
This is probably the last time Google+ will be a part of my blogging goals, just because it’s starting to phase out in the blogosphere. But I came in at 32 followers on Google+.
Make $20 from my blog!
Y’all, I DID IT! I have made $20.93 from my blog! I’m so proud of myself! The cash out threshold is $100, but as long as I keep pushing myself, I know I can make it to that threshold in no time!
Reach 25 email subscribers.
My goal was 25, but I only have 21. It’s close, but I didn’t quite reach my goal.
That just means I’ll have to work harder next month!
Have 1,000 daily page views on my blog.
This one is a hit or miss. Some days I will reach 1,000 page views, other days I won’t. This week has been fairly slow so I’ve only gotten about 230 page views a day. But I’m slowly gaining momentum because I’ve been using Tailwind!
But that just goes to show that you don’t need thousands of page views every day to make a little money from your blog!
Side note :
I love doing these recap posts because they really show me where I need to put my focus. For instance, this month, I REALLY need to focus on interacting with my audience and building my following.
Also, I’m thinking of doing monthly income reports in the future, let me know in the comments below if that is something you would be interested in!
February’s Goals –
- Maintain A’s in college.
- Successfully launch my YouTube channel (I will also be including a new goals section for my YouTube down below)!!
- Publish 15 new blog posts. The last two months, I have published fewer posts because I wanted to spend more time with my family, but this month, I’m really gonna step up my game and hit my goal of 15 again!
- Reach 2,250 followers on Instagram. I currently have 1,818.
- Reach 1,000 followers on Twitter. I currently have 876.
- Reach 750 followers on Pinterest. I have 687 now.
- Make $20 from my blog! I did it last month, so let’s do it again!
- Reach 25 email subscribers. I know everyone says that having newsletters is important, but it’s just not my style. So I’m not too crazy about my email subscribers. I think 25 is a good number for this month! I currently have 21.
- Have 1,000 daily page views on my blog. Since this goal wasn’t failed or achieved, I’m going to keep it the same. I think this is just going to be a running goal because I never really achieve or fail it 🤷♀️
- Publish 15 new YouTube videos.
- Reach 40 subscribers. I currently have 12.
- Get 30 hours of view time.
I think those are the only goals I will have for this month, since it’s my first month on YouTube. But the more I learn and grow on YouTube the more goals I will be able to set.
If you are a YouTuber and would like to share goals that you set for your channel, I would love to hear them in the comments below!
What other personal or business goals do you have this month? Feel free to share in the comments below!
[If you liked this, you may also like…]