Happy New Year, friends!
Can you believe it’s 2019 already?! Time goes SO fast! I met most of my monthly goals for December and we were able to go home to Michigan to visit family for a week!
It’s been a good holiday!
Related: You can read my post “What I Learned My First Month of Blogging” here! It’s packed full of tips and tricks for beginners. I also share my experiences and some of the things I learned along the way!
*This post contains some affiliate links. Please know that I may receive a percentage or commission from a link included on this page, at no cost to you. I will only recommend a product or service that I have used or believe has substantial value to my readers.*
If you missed last month’s posts, here’s a recap!
So how did I do with December’s goals?
First, here’s how I did with my personal goals :
Take my daughter to see Santa!
We did take my daughter to see Santa, and she LOVED it! I had no idea she would enjoy it as much as she did. It was definitely a fun experience!
Spend more time teaching and playing with my daughter.
This one has been difficult for me, because most of my blogging takes place on my phone. I will say, she’s been sleeping later in the mornings and it’s really helped me wake up in a better mood. So all in all, I think I’ve achieved this goal, but I will continue to work on it.
Have a safe (16+ hour) trip back home to Michigan for New Year’s!
Going home is always a mix of emotions, but we did have fun!
And here’s how I did with my blogging goals :
Publish 15 new blog posts.
I didn’t achieve this goal this month. I only published 9 posts, but that’s okay. It’s been a busy holiday season!
Plus, I’ve got some great things planned for this year!
Reach 1,500 followers on Instagram.
I achieved this goal, coming in at 1,745 followers! I’m so happy to see my following grow!
Reach 1,000 followers on Twitter.
I actually lost followers on Twitter this month. But again, that’s okay because it’s been busy, so I know I will get back up there. I currently have 869 followers on Twitter.
Reach 750 followers on Pinterest.
I didn’t quite reach 750 followers, but I did gain followers on Pinterest, so I’m happy! I’m at 495 followers!
Reach 45 followers on Google+.
Slowly but surely, I’m climbing my way up on Google+. I have 31 followers. Not quite my goal, but I think Google+ is becoming less and less popular in the blogging world, so I’m okay with where I am.
Make $5 from my blog!
I have made $12.71 from my blog, y’all! It only took 3 months to start seeing an income! I’m so proud of myself!
Reach 25 email subscribers.
My goal was 25, but I only have 21. It’s close, but I didn’t quite reach my goal.
That just means I’ll have to work harder next month!
Have 1,000 daily page views on my blog.
This one is a hit or miss. Some days I will reach 1,000 page views, other days I won’t. This week has been fairly slow because of the holidays (I’m assuming) so I’ve only gotten about 100 page views a day.
But that just goes to show that you don’t need thousands of page views every day to make a little money from your blog!
Side note :
I love doing these recap posts because they really show me where I need to put my focus. For instance, this month, I REALLY need to focus on interacting with my audience and building my following.
January’s Goals –
- I start school this month, so my goal is to start strong and work hard.
- I know I also have a blogging section, but I want to add this to my personal goals as well – work harder on my blog! Not that I don’t work hard already, but with the holidays, I’ve lacked motivation and I really want to get myself out there. So I want to pick myself up, give myself a kick in the tush, and work a little harder.
- Publish 15 new blog posts. The last two months, I have published fewer posts because I wanted to spend more time with my family, but this month, I’m really gonna step up my game and hit my goal of 15 again!
- Reach 2,250 followers on Instagram. I currently have 1,745.
- Reach 1,000 followers on Twitter. I currently have 869.
- Reach 750 followers on Pinterest. I have 494 now.
- Reach 45 followers on Google+. I currently have 31. Google+ isn’t my biggest concern right now, it doesn’t bring me that much traffic.
- Make $20 from my blog! It’s a big goal, but I know I can do it, if I put my mind to it!
- Reach 25 email subscribers. I have 21 now and I plan to focus on social media and growing my audience more this month. So I think 25 is a good number for this month!
- Have 1,000 daily page views on my blog. Since this goal wasn’t failed or achieved, I’m going to keep it the same. I think this is just going to be a running goal because I never really achieve or fail it 🤷♀️
What personal or business goals do you have this month? Feel free to share in the comments below! & remember, sharing is caring!
[If you liked this, you may also like…]