I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Dates are so important for ANY relationship. Getting out (or staying in) is such a fundamental thing for a great relationship. What better way to communicate with each other than some one on one, ya know what I mean?
I try to get hubbs to take me out once every two weeks, mostly because those are his weekends off work. I’ll admit, after we had our daughter, we fell off the wagon. We didn’t go on a date until she was 9 months old (and she ended up going with us on our first date out!) Don’t be like us! Go spend some quality time together. I’ve given you 25 ideas here, and I’ll give you 25 more here.
*This post contains some affiliate links. Please know that I may receive a percentage or commission from a link included on this page, at no cost to you. I will only recommend a product or service that I have used or believe has substantial value to my readers.*
1. Go to the movies. A lot of comedies and Christmas themed movies are released during this season. Go check one out and enjoy the warm indoors!
2. Ice skating! This would be so much fun. I’ve never been so maybe I’ll have to make hubbs take me ice skating this year!
3. Build a gingerbread house. This is a favorite of ours. And you could also let your kiddos get involved too! Family date night!
4. Go sledding. Share a sled or race each other. Either way, you’re going to have a blast!
5. Make indoor s’mores. Okay, so I have a confession – this isn’t just for the winter. In fact, I do this all year round. It’s so yummy!
6. Build a snowman. Many of us take this one for granted. Unless you live in the northern states (shout out to my hometown, White Pigeon), you don’t get very many days of snow, and the ones you may get aren’t always good for building snowmen. So take every chance you can get this season because winter only comes once a year!
7. Attend an ugly sweater Christmas party. & if you don’t have an invitation to an ugly sweater Christmas party, throw one! I know I’ll be talking hubbs into throwing one this year!
8. Hot chocolate and a Christmas movie marathon. There’s nothing better than snuggling on the couch with a big mug of hot cocoa – don’t forget the marshmallows – and watching classic Christmas movies (The Grinch comes to mind!). If you need ideas, here’s a list of the Top 10 Classic Christmas Movies.
9. Have a snowball fight. Here’s another one where you have to have that perfect, packable snow. Take advantage of the snowfall and get outside!
10. Dollar store scavenger hunt. Go to the dollar store (Walmart will work too!) Each of you have a $10 spending limit and a time limit. Buy as many stocking stuffers as you can before your time runs out! If you need some help, here‘s a huge list of ideas!
11. Make and decorate Christmas cookies. This is a long time family tradition of mine, but it will never get old. Make the dough and then bake and frost the cookies. Let your kiddos get involved, too. They will love it!
12. Have a pajama day. When the weather is frightful, snuggle up in your pajamas. Don’t go anywhere, don’t do your hair, just lounge in your pj’s.
13. Shovel snow. Okay, so this is less of a date and more of a chore, BUT do you remember date #9? Shoveling snow is the perfect time to build your snow fort to shield you from a snowball fight! After you’re done, come inside and have a nice cup of hot cocoa.
14. Make snow cones! Don’t use the yellow snow though!
15. Drive around and look at Christmas lights. Ask the locals – they will know who has the best displays in town.
16. Drink eggnog and decorate your Christmas tree. ‘Tis the season my friends. Here’s another date night where the kids can be involved!
17. Make ornaments. You can get clear, Plastic Ornaments on amazon and decorate them any way you please. Pinterest has a TON of great ideas!
18. Go to a hockey game. Feel the energy from the crowd and enjoy yourself!
19. Go snowmobiling. This is probably one of the most fun things you can do in the winter. If you don’t own a snowmobile, you can always rent one!
20. Go thrift store shopping. Remember #7? Here’s the perfect chance to find that ugly sweater!
21. Create your own pumpkin spice latte at home. Pinterest has some copycat recipes worth checking out!
22. Sit by the fire place. If you’re one of the lucky ones with a fire place, don’t take it for granted. Snuggle up next to the fire place and enjoy each others company.
23. Browse a local art gallery. You don’t have to buy, but it’ll be a fun experience!
24. Make snow angels. Get outside and enjoy the snow!